Sunday, November 16, 2008

We got meat!

Josh went hunting yesterday with his bro. Kody and he got a cow elk. It pretty much looked like the picture above. I didnt show the picture of the one he actually got because I thought the pictures were kind of gross and bloody. Seeing the dead elk in the back of the truck, that I will
eventually eat was REALLY not my bag, but I guess I will have to buck up. I know meat that we eat comes from some animal somewhere, I just dont want to see that animal beforehand.



Anyways, I have never prepared a meal using elk meat before so if anyone has any tips or recipes please share!


Good job Josh!

2 comments:

julie said...

Chuck, next door, says that his cardiologist says that elk meat is the best for you. Not a lot of fat. That is all Chuck eats. Next time you come for a visit you can go over and exchange receipes with him.
It's better not to know the meat first.Kind of like Dani showing the pictures of Rib Eye and T-Bone made it a bit harder to eat them.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Oh man I feel for you! Everytime Trent goes hunting I pray he won't bring anything home. I know it would be nice to have a freezer full of FREE meat but I just can't stand the thought of having to cook it!

Hope you guys have a good Turkey Day!