Saturday Morning we decided to go camping for the day and be back on Sunday in time for church (ours doesnt start until 1, Bleh!) So we went over to the in-laws to clean out and borrow the camper. Josh and I rode up the canyon to get a good camping spot. It took us a while and so when we got back to pick up Cal and Bay, Callie had been crying because she thought we just went camping without her. What a dork! We went home and got all the stuff we needed and headed back to our spot. It was probably 3 by the time we were ready to camp. Now the weather here has not been so great. The past week has bee n cloudy with rain off and on, but we decided to go anyway. Saturday was good we had fun, Josh did all the cooking, it sprinkled here and there, but not too bad. The girls and I roasted some malllows, we went for a walk .



Here is our sweet camper. Callie later fell on this log and got a little boo boo

Marlee quickly became a mess but she enjoyed herself.
Sunday we woke up and while we were making breakfast it started to rain and everything became a muddy mess . After we ate we cleaned up and headed out. Well, the camper doesnt have 4 wheel drive and got stuck in the mud. our spot was next to a creek and when we were trying to drive out the camper just kept slipping closer to the drop off going to the water. We had our truck, so we left the camper and went to get a tow rope. No luck! the camper is still today stuck in the mud. I think we will wait until we have some really good weather before we go camping again.




4 comments:
I love camping.. what an adventure you guys had.. we will have to meet you guys and go camping with you guys this summer..
:)
oh heck that gave me a good laugh -
that camper is SWEET DUDE you were rockin in it
tell callie that auntie says "take a chill pill woman, momma is not going to leave you at grandmas while she goes camping, heavens girl"
josh looks hot in those gloves stirring the pot on the fire LOL
we are having rain here too not good for the garden - but it is finally going to be sunny at the end of this week
so when are ya coming to sac?
You aren't a true Idahoan until you have been rained on in a camping trip. Good times! I miss the place.
I agree with Danielle... love the camper! I always tell Ryan that is would be so much fun to get an old trailer to just take everywhere. I can't imagine getting stuck! Good thing you had a truck to get out. Have you gone back to get the camper yet?
Post a Comment