Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kindygardens 1st Fieldtrip!


Callie had her first fieldtrip last thursday. She came home with the permission slip about a week before and she told me there was a trip but that I had too much to do around the house so I cant go. I assured her that I would be able to make time in my busy schedule and I would be going. She tried to convince me that I had to much house work,(ha ha) but the only thing she convinced me of was that she didnt want her Mommy tagging along. It took a little time and a few more excuses like " but my friends dont know you and they might be scared," but I talked her into letting me go.

So on thursday I took Bailey to Grandmas and met up with the Kindergartoners for a fun filled trip to Teton Canyon to find signs of fall and enjoy nature. They split up all the kids so that each mom had a few and since there were so many moms we all got 2 or 3 kids. I got 2. Callie and Shelby. They each had a bag and a magnifying glass and had to find some interesting things to put in the bag for show and tell the next day. We ladies had a good time. Found some cool things, and had a nice little hike. We only had one, oh actually two falls on the rocks in the creek. One had no crying and the other had a very dramatic show ending in " I never want to come here again!" Ill give you a hint, it wasnt my kid. So, the group I was in charge of ended up with the only two wet , dirty butts on the trip. Thats what this pic is of. Can you tell? The one on top show Callies new love for modeling. Nice Pose, huh? There's plenty more where that came from.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

that is such a cute picture of callie. how funny that she didn't want you to go. isn't it funny how early they start to pick up on stuff like that, being embarassed by their parents?!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Haha that was too funny! I'm afraid Erika will be like that too! She is already little Miss Independent!

julie said...

Callie is too funny.Going on the field trip is a good way for her friends to meet you. I wonder why she thougt they would be scared of you. I'm glad she is liking school.

julie said...

Thanks for the links!

Danielle said...

i am laughing my arss off at that - that is too funny - but you have too much housework mom hahahahah - but my friends might be scared of you hahahha like you are so mean haha they would be scared if aunty went instead of you haha

yeah that is a nice picture at the top of miss sassy pants

the bottom pic cracks me up to wet bumbs LOL ( at least callies is smaller LOL ) and both in pink pants too

thanks for the good laugh