Monday, February 4, 2008

Giants Win!

As I am sure you all Know, Super Bowl XLII was last night. Josh is a HUGE Giants Fan. After church yesterday, we all got on our Giants shirts and such and got ready for the big game. We had a few friends and their children come over. It was fun we ate a lot and watched some football. We had Brats, homemade french fries (with fry sauce of course), my fave bean dip, Kookaburra licorice, and homemade salsa, fruit pizza ( its a dessert thing) and cookies. Yummy!



I know very little about the actual game of football, but Josh is such a fanatic that I know quite a bit about some players and teams and all the hoopla and media stuff and such around sports. I saw so much SB media coverage in the last week I could puke. I would be glad its over, but now we will have to watch all the post game talk. But, It was a really good game last night. Especially because the Giants won and even more so because the Patriots lost. The Patriots had won every game they played this season up until last night and all the sports media people predicted that the Patriots would win. It was so exciting. Here is Joshs end of the game reaction:


Its not his initial reaction though I got the camera ready at the very end of the game to catch the real excitement, but his real reaction was to shoot across the room. Neither me or my camera are that quick. You will have to excuse the lovely pit stains, it was a very intense game for Josh.

Here are the girls in their game day attire:

2 comments:

Morgan said...

sounds like QUITE the party. we watched about the last half of the game, and i didn't really get into it until about the last 2 minutes, which of course lasted quite a while! it was a very good and exciting game. we were actually having a break the fast dinner with nate's bros and families, etc, so we had lots of good food and fun too!!


the girls look so cute in their outfits... especially love the little cheerleader, very fitting!

julie said...

Yes, i'm sure it was quite the excitment at the Stewarts. I would have loved to see Josh's reaction.
The girls look so cute.
Here at the Sorenson's we tuned in to watch the half time and promptly feel asleep. Guess we are not so exciting.