So Bailey has a Hernia and is going to have surgery to fix it tommorrow. Today we were supposed to go to the hospital and get checked in and have her blood work done. I was so nervous to take her there today because I thought that she would get all upset and whine all day that she didnt want surgeryand then throw a fit tommorrow and make the surgery day even harder. So by the time we get to the hosp. she was crying, even though she didnt really know what she was going to have to do. So thank heavens Joshs cousin Jade (shes the best) met me over there( I called and asked her to when we were on the way thinking that she could just hold Mars while I handled Bailey). while I was doing the paperwork and checking in Jade took Bailey and got her all calmed down and happy. The read books and played games. So then it was her turn for the blood draw. Jade held Bay on her lap and I held her hand and held Marzee in my other arm. as soon as the lady touched her arm, Bailey started crying and freaking out. Poor kid. She survived and when she was done they told her that she gets to pick a toy from the box. mmediately she forgot the pain and picked out a stuffed beaver. Then we had to go talk to some dude to tell all her med hist and such and he gave her a cookie. I had already promised her a treat afterward so we went to the store and picked out a new color book and crayons and some M&Ms. So, now that she has seen all the attention she got and all the treats she was given she thinks she is the luckiest girl ever to get to have surgery tommorrow. When Callie got home she got all jealous and thinks that Bay is really lucky too. So today ended really well and I think we will at least enter the hospital with no tears.Thursday, January 15, 2009
So Bailey has a Hernia and is going to have surgery to fix it tommorrow. Today we were supposed to go to the hospital and get checked in and have her blood work done. I was so nervous to take her there today because I thought that she would get all upset and whine all day that she didnt want surgeryand then throw a fit tommorrow and make the surgery day even harder. So by the time we get to the hosp. she was crying, even though she didnt really know what she was going to have to do. So thank heavens Joshs cousin Jade (shes the best) met me over there( I called and asked her to when we were on the way thinking that she could just hold Mars while I handled Bailey). while I was doing the paperwork and checking in Jade took Bailey and got her all calmed down and happy. The read books and played games. So then it was her turn for the blood draw. Jade held Bay on her lap and I held her hand and held Marzee in my other arm. as soon as the lady touched her arm, Bailey started crying and freaking out. Poor kid. She survived and when she was done they told her that she gets to pick a toy from the box. mmediately she forgot the pain and picked out a stuffed beaver. Then we had to go talk to some dude to tell all her med hist and such and he gave her a cookie. I had already promised her a treat afterward so we went to the store and picked out a new color book and crayons and some M&Ms. So, now that she has seen all the attention she got and all the treats she was given she thinks she is the luckiest girl ever to get to have surgery tommorrow. When Callie got home she got all jealous and thinks that Bay is really lucky too. So today ended really well and I think we will at least enter the hospital with no tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
woo hoo glad it went well
Post a Comment