I am finally 32 weeks now and looking stellar, LOL. That means only 8 weeks left! Usually that seems really long, but occasionally I think wow thats not that far away i should probably start getting ready for her. Ive been getting a lot of comments lately, especially at church. They will ask how much longer I have or when are you due, and I tell them and they will say things like "oh wow I thought you were a lot closer than that" or "really, well I guess you dont have that much place for the baby to go except out." Im really enjoying what people have to say. Yes people my stomach is huge and I still have 2 months to go.
I guess I have been feeling alright though. I still sleep pretty good at night Which is weird because I am still exhausted most of the day. I do get heartburn a lot, thank heavens for TUMS! When I went for the gestational diabetes test, you know where you drink that incredibly delicious crap, I had a high reading for the blood sugar. I was just a little over high enough to have to come back a week later and do the 3 hour GTT. Talk about fun. I got to drink even more of the delicious crap and sit in the hospital waiting room for almost four hours after having not eaten since 8 the night before because you have to be fasting. And, I Got to do five times of having my blood drawn throughout the 4 hours and since my veins are apparently hard to find and roll away I got poked 8 times. Yup, that means 3 times she stuck the needle in and got nothing so had to do it again. Ive decided that getting poked in the hand hurts more than in the arm, but getting poked in the exact same spot a second time hurts the worst. I had convinced myself that I had it because I had all 3 of the symptoms that it talked about in the What to Expect book.But, Luckily, I do not have gestational diabetes. I was sooooo glad! mostly because I did not want to have to stop eating ice cream!




3 comments:
You look amazing for being 32 weeks pregnant!! I too hate the comments that I got while I was pregnant..they made me so angry and grouchy!
And that stuff you have to drink is total crap! I can't believe you had to do it more than once! That seriously sucks!
I totally sympathize with the annoying comments!!! Since I always look like I'm having twins by the end, it seems like those dumb comments start when I'm only like five months along... But I think you look great! So sorry about the diabetes test. I have to do that test twice since I've had a baby over nine pounds (Gavin). I was supposed to take it a few weeks ago, but I'm totally procrastinating. I figure, as long as it's done by my next appointment this Thursday, I'll be okay. :-)
Well, I think you look beautiful!
Post a Comment