Monday, March 3, 2008

Ouch!

So, friday night the high school had an activity they called a lockin where the Kids came at 9pm and were locked into the school until 4am. They had food, a dj, guitar hero, and a gym full of those big blow up things that you play on like the bounce houses ( only not bounce house because they are not 5.) Think of EC's Mardi Gras.

All the teachers had to help out, and Joshs shift was 1-4 am. I went with to help out too. We put the girls to bed over at Grandmas and went over. We were stuck at this one station for the whole time where there are baskets at opp. ends and the two players are harnessed to one bunjee cord and they are both trying to make 3 baskets before the other guy. It was pretty funny to watch. They just kept flying backwards into this big puffy thing separating the players. All was good except when two staff members played and the female teacher ( she was playing against a male) came flying over the side of the big thing and kicked me in the head on her way down. That hurt, but we were both okay.

About 10 minutes before we were done Josh decided he had enough at went to go socialize until we could leave. I stayed to finish up (I had taken a few breaks earlier). No kidding like 3 mins later Harold, school counsler, comes over to me and tells me josh kinda hurt his finger and I should probably take him to the Hosp to have it checked out. So I was walking over to find him I saw the finger and no Joke, I almost passed out. Things went fuzzy for a few seconds. His pinkie was so mangled it was bent like three different ways, so disgusting. I did not know how he was crying or freaking out or passed out. One of the students had challenged Josh to the obstacle course race. The first part is a hole you dive through and that is where he got hurt.

Over at the hospital the nurse took a few polaroids for him. She had me leave the room and go far away before the doctor started anything because she thought it was going to be really bad when the doctor fixed it. Oh and believe me the pics are not nearly as bad as the real deal! So I went away and a few mins later Harold ( he drove Josh to Hosp. and stayed for a while) came and got me and said that they had put shots of anesthesia in the two nerves in the finger and it straightened out all on its own. Crazy! Apparently sometimes when you jam a finger the muscles tighten and make the finger go all weird. He still had to have x-rays, but nothing was broken. Everyone, including the doctor, was so shocked that the mangled, nasty finger wasnt broken. We finally got to go home and go to sleep at about 5:45 am.

The finger is still swollen and sore, but I think it is going to be okay. Good Times!

4 comments:

Susanne said...

I have to admit, those pictures made me a little queasy! Crazy that it wasn't broken!!!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Oh MY GOSH! I think I am going to be sick to my stomach! Thats crazy that it just straightened out on its own!!

Danielle said...

EWWWWW EWWWW EWWWW

Orange Peanut said...

Okay - I'm a little dizzy myself! I can't even look at the second picture! Glad things are better - but seriously that looked nasty!!!